08 December, 2021.
Are you a beginner of Kali Linux? and you are curious about hacking, then you come across a problem with wifi-adapter then you are in the right place, this blog is going to help you. Let us do that together.
- As usually, Power on Kali Linux.
- If you are using VMware or VirtualBox make sure that you have connected the wifi-adapter to kali.(You get this options only after powering on your Kali Linux)
- Open terminal and login to root using su root command by typing password incase you didn't.(You have to do this everytime you use terminal in this process, I won,t repeat it again)
- If you have forgotten your password for root login, change it using sudo passwd root command.(But be extra cautious)
- In termminal run the below commands by connecting Kali to internet.(Running below commands may takes lot of time, be little patience)
- apt update
echo "blacklist r8188eu" > "/etc/modprobe.d/realtek.conf"
- apt update apt full-upgrade apt dist-upgrade apt auto-remove reboot
- After running above steps you have to clone the driver from gitlab using the below command.
- Then we have install Linux Headers using below command (It shouuld be installed before compiling the downloaded drivers)
apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r)
- Then start installing diver using below steps
- Go to the downloaded realtek-rtl8188eus-dkms folder , Right click and open terminal there and run below commannds
- make && make install (It will start installing like below)
- Reboot Kali using reboot command.
- After getting rebooted, open the terminal and run command airmon-ng (make sure you use sudo if you are not loggedin as root user), now you can see your interface.(here it is wlan0)
- To start monitor mode run command airmon-ng start wlan0 (you can see something like below).
- To check packet injection run below commands airmon-ng check kill airodump-ng wlan0 aireplay-ng --test wlan0
- To start ap mode run below command hostapd hostapd.conf
I hope we did it successfully but still if you have any issuse contact me , details are given in the homepage .
For more blogs and technical content check this page.